Single in the Ghetto

This is the true story of a single unemployed-by-choice mom who lives with her pseudo-boyfriend Joel and their toddler son Tyson in a trailer park near Denver, Colorado. She is highly educated and a bit too glamorous for her current neighborhood, but the situation is hilarious and tragic at the same time. Will ghetto life make her humble and sympathetic to her "manufactured housing community" neighbors or will it just make her even more snobbish? A blog about life in general.

Name:
Location: near Denver, Colorado, United States

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

September was Couch Potato Month

How is it that it's October already? The days are just slipping by-- so quietly, so quickly, so uneventfully it seems like. September was a blur. I was supposed to have lost 2 pounds last month, and I did actually, but I believe I gained them back over the course of a few days. The scale is too depressing to look at, so I don't. I just care about how my clothes fit, which most of them don't. I pulled out some of my beautiful fall skirts from a few years ago, and I can't even get them past my lower thighs. I just want to cry sometimes.

I've been on a Medium Season 1 marathon for the past week or so. It's my favorite show on television, and I hadn't seen a lot of the episodes. I was surprised that I had missed so many. But they were really good. I love my Netflix DVDs. I have seriously been a couch potato for most of September, if not all. I guess that's why it was a blur. And of course I'm not going to lose any weight if I'm not exercising. But with how topsy-turvy my whole schedule is, I don't know how or when to fit it in. And I hate exercising.

I'm tired so that's all I'm going to write for tonight. Will try to write more tomorrow night.